Professional Liability Insurance | Cribb Insurance Group | Bentonville



Errors & Omissions

(E&O Insurance)

Protect yourself from mistakes


Professional Liability also known as Errors and Omissions (E&O Insurance), professional liability or E&O insurance is protection for your business from claims of negligence related to a professional service.

Types of coverage

Professional liability insurance offers a variety of coverage for small businesses including:

  • Alleged or actual negligence - Protects a business against actual or alleged errors and omissions when providing professional services, such as giving incorrect advice, an omission, or failing to deliver a service.

  • Defense costs - Provides legal defense when a covered claim is reported.

Professional liability insurance can also offer coverage for claims arising from services provided in the past and work performed anywhere in the world.

It's important to understand that a general liability policy won’t protect against these risks. Get more information on how professional differs from general liability.

Who needs professional liability insurance?

Small businesses that provide professional services or give advice to clients should consider purchasing professional liability insurance. It provides protection when a business owner is sued for negligence because their work doesn't meet a client's expectations.

Professional liability insurance can also be required by a small business' clients when entering into a contract.

Businesses that often choose professional liability insurance include:

  • Consultants

  • Attorneys

  • Engineers

  • Architects

  • Counselors

  • Accountants

  • Real estate agents

  • And many more

Common questions about professional liability insurance?

Is errors and omissions insurance the same as professional liability?

Yes, there’s no difference between errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance) and professional liability insurance; the two terms are often used interchangeably.

Will professional liability cover me even if the lawsuit is baseless?

Yes. Regardless of whether a claim against you is determined to be frivolous or not, your professional liability coverage would defend against a lawsuit claiming your professional neglect.

What’s the difference between professional liability and general liability coverages?

General liability coverage only protects against “third-party” damages for which you’re responsible (i.e. bodily injury to others or damage to their property ). Professional liability protects you from claims of neglect or professional errors.

Can I add professional liability to my BOP policy?

Depends.  There are a lot of factors when determining if professional liability can be added as an endorsement to your business owners policy,  you can call one of our knowledgeable agents to help you through the process.

© 2016-2020 Cribb Insurance Group Inc