Auto Insurance

Personalized coverage for your business vehicles

Commercial auto insurance for small business

Commercial auto insurance is liability and physical damage protection for vehicles, such as cars, trucks and vans, that are used for business. Commercial vehicles require a separate policy because they’re typically exposed to more risk than personal vehicles.

Commercial auto insurance isn’t just for industrial vehicles like semis or dump trucks. For example, businesses that use a car to run errands, carry tools or transport clients might also need a commercial auto policy.

Why Do You Need Arkansas Commercial Auto Insurance?


Arkansas businesses should carry commercial auto insurance on all the vehicles used in their businesses. Car insurance and truck insurance in Arkansas are available for both individual and commercial purposes.


If a vehicle is used for business purposes, the owner's personal auto insurance does not cover any losses that are incurred during business use. Business owners need business auto insurance along with their other kinds of business insurance.


Commercial (business) auto covers uninsured motorists, driver and passengers' medical payments or personal injury protection and general liability. The coverage also pays for property damage.


Small businesses cannot afford losses due to uninsured vehicles used to transact business. Commercial auto insurance doesn’t just protect your company vehicles, but your company itself!

Customized coverage to match your business

Selecting commercial vehicle insurance coverage that meets your specific needs is vital to protecting your business and income. A commercial auto insurance quote typically includes:

  • Liability

  • Physical Damage

  • Medical Payments

  • Uninsured Motorist

  • Hired Auto

  • Non-Owned Coverage

  • Any Auto

  • All commercial coverages


We can also adjust your policy to reflect seasonal changes to keep your rates low and your coverage steady.

We also provide special benefits including customized coverages, competitive rates, discounts, exceptional claims service and more. Commercial Auto insurance covers:

Business autos

Includes cars, light trucks, SUV's, vans and more. Business auto insurance customers enjoy advantages including discounts and access to network shops throughout the country.


From dump trucks to tractor trailers, we have the experience you're looking for. Our carriers offer 24/7 claims service with an extensive truck repair network, discounts and more.


We cover a wide range of commercial trailers ranging from pickup truck utility trailers to large dump body trailers pulled by a tractor.


Commercial Customer                                                                                      Average Cost

Business Auto - Like cleaning services, restaurants and shops                                                       $165/month**

Contractors - Like carpenters, electricians, landscapers and painters                                            $164/month

For-hire truck and tow truck premiums aren’t included in these numbers. Learn more about our for-hire truck insurance costs and tow truck insurance rates.

These averages are based on new 12-month Commercial policies that met the following criteria:

  • Both primary liability and physical damage coverage were present

  • All drivers had clean driving records


Remember that these are averages and not necessarily what you’ll pay. The only way to know your exact cost is to get a quote. Just call us or start a custom quote online.

Several risk factors contribute to your premium including your profession, coverage needs, vehicles, drivers, driving history and location. Learn more about what influences your cost and what you can do to get the cheapest commercial auto insurance.

Get more for your money

Our multiple carriers and custom policies offer flexible and convenient benefits so you can focus on what matters most – your business.

Here’s just a few of the many advantages of having a commercial auto policy with the Cribb Insurance Group:

  • 24/7 policy service by phone or online through the agency or carriers we partner with.

  • Adjustable coverages, any time

  • Flexible billing and payment options

  • Highly trained commercial claims adjusters from A+ rated companies

  • Unlimited travel radius offered in most states

  • Discounts

Common Questions about Commercial Auto Insurance

Does commercial auto insurance cover personal use?

Yes. While personal auto insurance doesn’t cover a vehicle if it’s being used for business purposes, commercial auto insurance covers your vehicle for both commercial and personal use.

How much will my insurance go up if I’m involved in an accident with my commercial vehicle?

An accident doesn’t affect the rate of your current policy, but it could affect your rate when your policy is renewed. Your policy is rewritten every time it expires to reflect your current situation. Accident-related rate changes are determined by various factors such as who was at fault, the cost of the claim and your accident history. So, accidents are considered when determining your rate, but an increase isn’t guaranteed.

I was involved in a not-at-fault accident in my commercial vehicle. Do I still have to pay my deductible?

It's possible. Deductibles apply whenever your policy’s collision or comprehensive coverages are used, regardless of who is at-fault. If the at-fault party was insured, we’ll attempt to recover your deductible from their insurance company. If they didn’t have insurance, we’ll attempt to collect it directly from them. Either way, the process of recovering your deductible from the other party is called “subrogation”.

Does commercial auto insurance cover theft of personal items?

Not necessarily. A commercial auto policy covers the vehicle and any permanently attached items, such as a ladder rack or a truck bed toolbox, but it doesn’t cover the ladders and tools themselves. For the contents of your vehicle to be covered, you’d need a business liability policy with an inland marine endorsement.

Do I have to use the body shop the carrier recommends to repair my commercial vehicle?

No. No matter what type of commercial vehicle you have, the shop you choose for repairs is your decision. You can choose your own shop or one of ours. For heavy vehicles, like semi-trucks, there is a countrywide network of over 100 specialized shops. Each has been evaluated for work quality, speed and reliability.  

Do I need special insurance to deliver pizza or other goods for a fee?

Yes, most likely. Most personal auto insurance policies won’t cover losses that occur while delivering for a fee. This includes pizza delivery and most other delivery services. If you don’t have a commercial policy on your vehicle and you get into a work-related accident, your claim might be denied and you could be held personally responsible for the damages. A commercial auto policy can prevent this from happening.

  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon

© 2016-2020 Cribb Insurance Group Inc